South West SPF
The South West Regional SPF brings together management and staff side representatives on strategic issues for the South West Region.
The South West Regional SPF is co-chaired by Neil Savage, Steven Keith and Claire Radley, HR Directors in the South West and Mike Cracknell, Regional Officer, UNISON.
To provide a partnership approach to issues affecting the NHS workforce where a South West view is needed or would be useful.
In particular it will:
- provide constructive comments on implementation at a formative stage
- contribute ideas on the workforce implications of the implementation of policy
- promote effective communications between partners
- promote good practice across the South West
- feed South West region views into national groups including NHS Staff Council, the Social Partnership Forum and the stakeholder forum
- keep the patient at the centre of everything they do.
All partners recognise the importance of good formal and informal working relations, built on trust and shared responsibility, while still respecting difference.
All partners commit to adopt the following principles in their dealings with each other:
- Building trust and a mutual respect for each other’s roles and responsibilities.
- A positive and constructive approach.
- Early discussion of emerging issues and maintaining dialogue on policy and priorities.
- Openness, honesty and transparency in communications.
- Where appropriate, confidentiality and agreed external positions.
- Making the best use of resources.
This partnership agreement is underpinned by shared values and common purpose. In particular, partners:
- Have a shared commitment to continuous improvement, including access to high quality services and delivering value for money to the public.
- Believe the NHS should promote good practice in all areas of staff management, including equality and diversity, staff development and a commitment to security of employment.
- Agree that the NHS should take a collective approach to support staff who may be affected by service changes.
Membership of the partnership will comprise of representatives from:
- Employers in the NHS in the South West, from a cross section of organisations and job roles, including commissioners, HEE and local authority colleagues.
- South West trade unions party to the Agenda for Change agreement, plus the BMA, MiP & HCSA.
- NHS Employers.
The South West RSPF meets twice yearly, and holds a jointly arranged partnership conference annually. Additional meetings will be held as required.
Dates will be shared as soon as agreed.
Following the November 2015 partnership conference, Somerset Partnership NHS Trust were invited to present their See Something Say Something initiative to the Minister, Ben Gummer MP. The trust subsequently went on to win the 2016 HPMA Award for partnership working.
The South West RSPF supported the development of an approach to partnership working and engagement around Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs). The Devon STP partnership forum was established in September 2016 and their terms of reference are shared here.
NHS Employers South Engagement Team
- Liz Gambrell, Area Head of Engagement South T: 07880 738616
- Amy Fedarb, Engagement Lead South Central T: 07568 10849
- Jenny Hawkins, Senior Engagement Support Officer South
T:07568 108489, firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please email SPF South at: email@example.com