Orange Route - Injury Allowance
What is Injury Allowance?
Injury Allowance was introduced 31 March 2013 for new claims and replaced the NHS Injury Benefit Scheme. The function of Injury Allowance is to recompense employees who have temporarily lost income due to injury or illness as a result of work.
The details of Injury Allowance provisions are set out in Section 22 of the NHS Terms and Conditions of Service Handbook.
How will the transfer affect my access to the Injury Allowance?
If you are compulsorily transferred from an NHS organisation to a GP practice or a primary medical care contract holder under TUPE, and remain on your NHS Terms and Conditions of Service without amendment, you should retain full access to Injury Allowance. Where TUPE doesn’t apply, COSOP should (see the legal details).
- You are employed in the NHS transferring to a GP practice or primary medical care contract holder
- Orange Route - Your Pay and terms and conditions
- Orange Route - Your Pension
- Orange Route - Staff engagement and partnership working
- Orange Route - Your education and training
- Orange Route - Your HR Policies and Practice