London Partnership Conference 2018 - Celebrating the NHS, celebrating partnership
London SPF held their 7th annual conference, Celebrating the NHS, celebrating partnership, at RCN, Cavendish Square, London. The conference was chaired by Ann Macintyre, chair of the London HRD network, and kindly hosted by the RCN. This year’s conference coincided with the 70th birthday of the NHS and reflected changes in the system past, present and future. Keynote speaker Niall Dickinson, CEO, NHS Confederation, set the scene with his reflections of the NHS over the past two decades.
Cecilia Anim, president of the RCN, talked about her lengthy career in the NHS alongside student midwife Rosie Jenkins, with input from Antony Tiernan on NHS England’s plans to celebrate the NHS at 70.
Key leaders discussed the draft workforce strategy and the NHS workforce going forward, providing national, regional, employer, and social care views, followed by panel Q&A.
Delegates were able to visit the World Café to learn about local best practice and participated in table discussions on the opportunities and challenges of new roles in the workplace.
Claire Murdoch, Central and North West London NHS FT provided a CEO’s perspective, and other key speakers and experts shared their knowledge and experiences.
Approximately 90 delegates attended the event with a good mix of local staff side representatives and employer colleagues from London organisations.
- Niall Dickson, CEO, NHS Confederation
- Antony Tiernan, Engagement and Communications Director NHS 70, NHS England
- Cecilia Anim, President, RCN
- Rosie Jenks, Student midwife, RCM
Social Partnership and Workforce Perspectives
- National - Sara Gorton, Head of Health, Unison and Staffside chair, National SPF
- Regional - Phil Thompson, Lead London Health Unions and co-chair of the London NHS Partnership, UNISON,
- Employers – Rebecca Smith, Director of Engagement, NHS Employers
- Social care – Aileen Buckton, Executive Director for Community Services
- Draft Workforce Strategy - Aurea Jones, Local Director, Heath Education England
- How to grow thriving workplaces where people can flourish and grow - Dr Tim Anstiss
- Developing new care models and implications for our workforce - David Freeman, Director of Development, North West London
- Reflections on role change and looking to the future – Julie Screaton, Director of Workforce and OD, Guy's & St. Thomas' NHS FT
- A CEO perspective - Claire Murdoch, CEO Central and North West London NHS FT
Speaker presentations are available below:
World café session showcasing local and pan London examples of best practice
- From well together, to better together - North East London FT
- Promoting speaking up – The Royal Free London NHS FT
- Reducing disciplinaries - Central and North West London NHS FT
- Career coaching – Camden and Islington NHS FT
- Healthy Living Week and Making Every Contact Count - Healthy London Partnership
Delegates were also invited to submit posters to share their tackling bullying projects, these were displayed for delegates to view. Download the posters here.