National Regional Group
The National Regional Group (NRG) was established in 2013 as an action arising from an SPF stocktake event. The aim of the group is to ensure the national SPF, the regional SPFs and arm’s length bodies have a co-ordinated approach to progressing policies and initiatives that impact on the workforce.
The meeting is chaired by Sara Gorton, Head of Health, UNISON, and Rebecca Smith, Director of Engagement, NHS Employers and includes representation from the Department of Health and Social Care, arm’s length bodies, NHS trade unions, NHS Employers and the staff side chairs of the regional SPFs.
The group’s terms of reference were agreed in December 2018.
National Regional Group meeting - 7 May 2019
Members of the NRG, Workforce Issues Group and management representatives from the regional SPFs met on the 7 May 2019 to discuss tackling violence against NHS staff and improving staff wellbeing. Take a look at a summary of the discussions and the meeting presentations.
- Tackling violence - a data pack on tackling violence was also shared with attendees.
- North East and North Cumbria SPF.
- London SPF's Health and wellbeing subgroup.
- How do we want to joust? - using organisation development to improve partnership working at East Midlands SPF.
- Developing a people plan for the NHS.