London Partnership Conference 2017 - Healthy partnerships for a healthy NHS
The London SPF had their sixth annual conference at UNISON headquarters in Euston, Healthy partnerships for a healthy NHS. Chaired by Deb O’Dea, chair of the London HRD network and hosted by UNISON the theme was health and wellbeing and tackling bullying in the NHS.
Presentations were given by key speakers and experts in their field, and delegates had the opportunity for some table work to discuss partnership agreements and where they had worked well locally. Delegates also saw examples of best practice from local trusts who showcased their projects.
Approximately 80 delegates attended the event with a good mix of local staff side representatives and employer colleagues from across London organisations.
Key speakers included
- Dame Carol Black, Expert Adviser on Health and Work NHSE and Public Health England - An update on workplace health and wellbeing.
- Jon Restell, Chief Executive, Managers in Partnership - Tackling bullying call to action.
- Dr Philip Hopley MBBS (Dist) MRCPsych, Consultant Psychiatrist & Managing Director, Cognacity, London - Building resilience, making a healthy partnership with ourselves.
- Dr Glynn Evans, London North West Healthcare NHS Trust - Guardian of safe working hours for junior doctors.
- Helen Bullers, Regional Director of People and Organisational Development (London), NHS England, Phil Thompson, UNISON, London Health Unions, Co-Chair, London Social Partnership Forum and Mathew Kendall, Adult and Communities Director, London Borough of Barnet/ADASS (Association of Directors of Adult Social Services) Workforce Lead - The London landscape and panel discussion – System changes and challenges.
- Christina McAnea, National Secretary, Healthcare UNISON, Staffside chair, National SPF - National SPF priorities.
- Daniel Mortimer, Chief Executive, NHS Employers - National workforce perspectives.
- Jacqueline Docherty, DBE, Chief Executive, London North West Healthcare NHS Trust - A CEO perspective.
There were breakout sessions showcasing local and pan London examples of best practice
- Learn more about the London healthy workplace charter - The London healthy workplace charter team.
- Where do you draw the line - University College London Hospital.
- Staff health and wellbeing at the Royal Free Hospital - The Royal Free Hospital.
- Staff health and wellbeing at South London and the Maudsley Hospital - South London and the Maudsley Hospital.
Speaker presentations can be viewed below
Breakout session presentations can be viewed below