East of England SPF
The East of England regional Social Partnership Forum is made up of representatives from both trade union representatives and employers and meets regularly to discuss key strategic agenda items.
The East of England Social Partnership Forum will:
- contribute ideas on the workforce implications of developing policy where such policy is of common interest to employers and trade unions across the East of England
- contribute to workforce planning, the training and development policies and the five year skills strategy of the East of England Local and Education Training Board (LETB)
- communicate to develop a shared understanding of the challenges facing the NHS, for example, Francis, QIPP, and to develop advice and guidance where the partners agree it is appropriate
- receive updates on topical issues from the national Social Partnership Forum
- consider the application of flexibilities in the NHS terms and conditions handbook (Agenda for Change agreement)
- receive reports on hot issues from employers and trade unions to understand perspectives from the partners
- maintain and monitor the application of the East of England employment framework
- consider reports on changes monitored through the East of England workforce dashboard.
The forum is co-chaired by Sasha Pearce, Regional Manager, UNISON and Jan Bloomfield, Executive Director of Workforce & Communications, West Suffolk Hospitals NHS Trust.
- at least four human resource directors (or Deputy HRDs) from employing trusts or foundation trusts within the East of England, drawn from both the HRD network plus the regional representative on NHS Employers’ Policy Board
- chief executive of the East of England Local Education Training Board (LETB)
- a director of a workforce partnership group within the East of England
- a chief operating officer from the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) chief operating officers’ network from within the East of England
- a director or head of HR from the Commissioning Support Unit (CSU) network from within the East of England
- a representative of the trust development authority
- a representative from NHS Employers
- secretary/minute taker from NHS Employers
- One representative from each regional trade union nationally recognised.
- Co-opted members as appropriate – by mutual agreement.
In addition, the SPF may invite individuals to attend the forum to provide specialist advice or as observers, by mutual agreement.
East of England Social Partnership Forum meetings are held bimonthly and are jointly chaired by management and union representatives: Jan Bloomfield, Executive Director of Workforce & Communications, West Suffolk Hospitals NHS Trust and Tracey Lambert, Regional Manager, UNISON.
Dates of meetings for 2017 are:
|17 January 2017||11.00 - 2.00||Newmarket Racecourse, Cambridge|
|17 March 2017||11.00 - 2.00||Newmarket Racecourse, Cambridge|
|12 May 2017||11.00 - 2.00||Newmarket Racecourse, Cambridge|
|21 July 2017||11.00 - 2.00||Newmarket Racecourse, Cambridge|
|22 September 2017||11.00 - 2.00||Newmarket Racecourse, Cambridge|
|17 November 2017||11.00 - 2.00||Newmarket Racecourse, Cambridge|
UPDATE: Please note that regional SPF meeting dates for 2017 may still be subject to change. If you have anything you wish to be raised at the meetings or if you would like any further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Midlands SPF
- West Midlands SPF
- North of England SPF
- North West SPF
- North East SPF
- Yorkshire & Humber SPF
- London SPF
- South West SPF
- South Central SPF
- South East Coast SPF
- Case Studies
- Priority Areas
- 'Back to basics' partnership principles work for NHS Norfolk
- Developing partnership arrangements between employers and trade unions in CCGs in Suffolk